We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act's requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically gather and store certain information about your visit, such as:
- your IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web)
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our app
- the date and time you access our app
- the pages you visit, and
- if you linked to our app from another Web site, the address of that Web site.
This information does not identify you personally and is used to improve customer service, inform business and marketing operations, and to identify suspicious traffic.
Information that you voluntarily provide
We collect, hold and use the following types of personal information:
- contact information such as your name, street address and email address
- information about your building such as its dimensions and construction
- information about your fixtures and appliances and how you use them
- information about your electricity, gas and water tariffs
- information about which energy products and services you wish to access
How your information is used
We collect, hold and access information about you for the following purposes:
- to analyse your energy use and provide tailored recommendations on how your energy bills can be reduced
- to help you engage energy product and service providers
- to process and respond to any enquiry or complaint made by you
- to help us improve the quality of the service we provide to customers
- to inform research, such as policy or market research into energy use, energy use behaviour and to analyse the collective impact of actions taken by our customers
When your information is shared
We may disclose your personal information to:
- energy product and service providers that you engage through our platform. In these circumstances we will clearly describe the scope of information being shared and to whom it will be provided and request your consent prior to sharing your personal data.
- our employees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our business, fulfilling requests by you and otherwise provide products and services to you
- government authorities, to comply with any law, rule, regulation or lawful and binding determination
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. For instance, we currently use Amazon Web Services for storing data. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
How your information is secured
We use industry best practice steps to secure your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and take all reasonable precautions to ensure that information is kept securely stored. For further information see our developer documentation
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your request is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org